Playposit is an online learning environment to create and share interactive video lessons. The simple and intuitive browser interface includes an extensive video search feature, video editing and a variety of interaction tools including: video crop, multiple choice, free response, reflective pause, check all that apply, skip segment, link to URL, fill in blank, and polling.
Overview of Playposit
Instructors can choose Playposit lessons (or as Playposit calls them, Bulbs) from a library of ready to use content, or create their own lessons (Bulbs) from scratch by selecting videos and adding interactive elements. Playposit supports seven video sources including: YouTube, Vimeo, TeacherTube, Shmoop, Google Drive videos (instructions here), ShowMe, SchoolTube, and many more with other playposit bookmarklet!
Bulbs are published publicly or privately through the Playposit website and student responses are captured and stored for individual or course level review, analysis, and synchronization with Blackboard.
Because Northeastern has purchased licenses for faculty and students, all faculty are granted Premium accounts when they log in through Blackboard. When the Playposit Bulb is created through Blackboard and linked correctly, a Grade Center column will automatically be created. Faculty can grade in Playposit and have the grade sent directly to the Blackboard Grade Center. In addition, if you use the Blackboard integration feature, you don’t have to go through the process of sharing bulbs individually with students. Adding the link through the Blackboard integration feature will grant students in your course access to the Playposit video automatically.
- 8 interactivity type options
- Integrate video lesson directly into your Blackboard course
- View student progress through Analytics dashboard
- Choose from a video lesson library
- Search for videos without leaving Playposit
- Over 8 Video sources supported
- Live chat with instructors
- Zaption migration support
- Audio recorder for answers
Getting Started – Instructors
Instructors can access Playposit by either going directly to playposit.com/northeastern [this link URL may change] or by adding a Playposit tool link into a content area of a Blackboard course.
Create or reuse a Playposit Bulb
Resources for building a Playposit lesson:
- Creating branching in Playposit
- How to upload MP4s
- Creating a Playposit activity from a Tegrity Video
Additional Instructor resources:
- Video Channel
- Organize Bulbs into Units
- Embed or share Playposit outside of Playposit and Blackboard
- Share Playposit Bulb with Colleagues
- Can students retake a question?
- Consider Closed Captioning
- View video interaction analytics in Playposit
- Use Playposit in the classroom live using Broadcast beta
- Migrate Zaption videos
- Playposit Technical Requirements
Getting Started – Students
To access Playposit, students will need to login to Northeastern Blackboard and navigate to their course. If an instructor has assigned a Playposit lesson, click on the lesson link in the course to complete the lesson.
Please note, it is recommended that you create and complete bulbs using the Chrome browser. Some loss of editing and viewing functionality can occur using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. For additional information go to Playposit’s Technical Requirements page.
Additional Student Resources: