Blackboard, Northeastern’s learning management system (LMS), enhances basic teaching tasks like posting content, grading, and creating assessments. Its intuitive design brings efficiency to day-to-day tasks. It also aggregates a wide range of learning tools, resources, and learning objects into one environment, allowing faculty to take teaching beyond the traditional classroom walls. In addition to facilitating course management, our LMS helps students stay informed and involved, which results in a better educational experience.
ATS staff keeps Blackboard up-to-date, so it is constantly evolving to meet your needs while maintaining ease of use. From engaging learner in content to assessing outcomes, we’ll help you manage change and increase adoption.
The Northeastern Blackboard Communities bring together thousands of users that create a dynamic series of programs based on major or department, from student groups to research programs to form this virtual academic ecosystem.
What you need to access Blackboard
- A computer with an Internet connection
- An email account
- A Northeastern myNEU account (faculty and students may visit http://myNEU.neu.edu to obtain their myNEU account)
- Instructors, if you need to add an audit student or co-instructor to your course site in Blackboard, please contact the Registrar’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to specify the course CRN in your message.
Where to access Blackboard
- Students: go to myNEU and log into Blackboard on the Self-Service tab
- Students and Faculty in the College of Professional Studies (NU Online) may also go directly to http://nuonline.neu.edu
- Faculty and Staff: go to myNEU and find the Blackboard link on the Services and Links tab